So El Gusano Pobre complains about being blocked by people “who I never even interacted with.” Hunh.
A quick search through the BRC Archives suggests Gusano may be telling the truth, but he had access to one and he certainly used it. More than one account on that list whose owners never Tweeted to @Gus_802 were instantly blocked from reading his Tweets directly. Did he keep a block list? No. He kept the link and undoubtedly contributed to it.
That list of Twitter accounts was compiled by Furious Burkha in 2012, and comprised those contrarians she deemed unworthy, their followers, and those they followed. With a bigoted algorithm like that I’m amazed that the list didn’t morph into thousands, but then again, she was never the sharpest bulb in the LGF Crayon Box.
Here’s the Pre-Banned List in full regalia [or click here].
This second entry in the 2014 year end statistics series is a look at the most prolific commenters for the year. As the title of this post has already revealed, and for the first time since 2010, Gus was NOT the top lizard. Though Gus and Alouette both posted thousands fewer comments in 2014 than 2013, Gus’s notable Twitter obsession may have cost him the top spot this year.
Of particular note:
- Charles continues in his quest to dominate the comment section of his own blog, climbing 4 spots up to 5th this year. The two newcomers (both joined in 2013) more than doubled their post count in 2014, but the rest of last year’s leaders seem to be losing interest.
- Dark_Falcon might be tiring of getting slapped around and forced to recant whenever he offends the hivemind.
- Obdicut, a Top 6 commenter for 3 years (2010-2012), dropped to 46th.
- ProLifeLiberal seems less interested, dropping 39 spots to 70th.
- HoosierHoops, since moving to Northern Wisconsin last December, has had much less to say about his love life.
This is the first of a series of at least 1 year end statistics post to be published during the next several days. This one focuses on changes to the LGF all-time commenter rankings. For the first time since January 2009, when MandyManners passed the already banned babbazee to assume the top spot, there is a new record holder. Around December 19th, Gus 802 surpassed MM and now squats alone atop the commenter pile, littered such as it is with the bodies of 16000 blocked accounts. The current top 20 all-time posters are:
A couple of things of note:
- Charles is rocketing up the list, 16th (2012) to 13th (2013) to 9th.
- Alouette is headed for the top 10 having come up from 59th (2012) to 22nd (2013) to 14th.
- Leaving the top 20 this year was Walter L. Newton, slipping off the list from 19th last year.
Yep, that’s Gus’ Twitter Banner (note the ChuckButton influence).
It’s no secret that Gus is a prolific commenter on Little Green Footballs (previously documented on Diary of Daedelus). With the advent of Twitter, Gus found a new venue, and predictably became just as rabid as he is on LGF.
The BRC decided to re-open the Gus 802 Statistics Vault recently, and what we found was amusing, amazing and disturbing. Read the rest of this entry »
Earlier we noticed a disturbance in The Swamp. Seems that El Gusano had a problem with an LGF Page created by Jimmah/Ice Productions. Here’s the page in question:
That steaming pile of wit was filed under the LGF sub-heading “Humor,” and at least two other Lizards thought that it was clever enough to upding it. Here’s the “Full article” that Jimmah linked to: Read the rest of this entry »